Venture Into The Harry Potter Forbidden Forest at Warner Bros. Studios | Discover The Stunning Set, Magical Creatures & More
Breaking rules was in Harry Potter’s DNA, but he was more rebellious about the Forbidden Forest than anything. Professor Dumbledore had ordered students to stay away from the dense, dark forest, but Harry didn’t care. He landed him (and Ron) in trouble countless times, but he kept visiting the place until the end. Fortunately, the Forbidden Forest isn’t off-limits for Harry Potter™ Studio Tour guests. You can explore the secrets within the forest, discover majestic beasts, touch Rubeus Hagrid’s original costumes, and see Aragog, the Acromantula.
Why is The Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter™ Studios A Must-Visit?
- Discover unique creatures - The Forbidden Forest might be a dark place, but it served as home to several majestic creatures like Aragog, the Acromantula and Hippogriffs.
- Stand below the giant trees - The Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter™ Studios has 19 trees with a diameter of over 12 feet each. Stand below them to truly appreciate their size.
- Control the weather - Magic is in the air at Harry Potter™ Studios. You can feel what it’s like to know magic by controlling the weather using the same techniques created by filmmakers inside the Forbidden Forest.
- See Buckbeak - Buckbeak was a delightful creature, full of respect and courage. You can see him at his best inside the Forbidden Forest.
- Feel Hagrid’s clothes - Rubeus Hagrid was definitely a fan-favourite. Everything about him was delightful and fun. You can see Rubeus Hagrid’s original costumes in the Forbidden Forest from the movies.
Experiencing the Forbidden Forest In Harry Potter™ Studios
1. The sets of the Forbidden Forest
Harry Potter™ Studios has several sets, with the Forbidden Forest being one of them. It is designed with the same spookiness as the one displayed in the Harry Potter movies. There are 19 trees measuring more than 12 feet each in the forest, entwined with each other. You can walk over them and wonder what you’ll find on the other side.
2. Creatures in the Forbidden Forest
The Forbidden Forest was the home of majestic Harry Potter creatures. Remember Aragog, the Acromantula from the Chamber of Secrets? He lived in the Forbidden Forest along with the other members of his tribe. Buckbeak, the magnificent Hippogriff, also lived in the forest, and both can be seen on your visit. The incredible craftsmanship and detail that went into designing both creatures will blow you away!
3. The Makers of Forbidden Forest
Designing the Forbidden Forest wasn’t easy, but the Harry Potter film crew were determined to leave something lasting for the fans. You can watch and learn how the team built and designed the Forbidden Forest. The crew members included Oscar® and BAFTA-winning Production Designer Stuart Craig, Construction Manager Paul Hayes, BAFTA-winning Creature and Makeup Effects Designer Nick Dudman and BAFTA-winning Special Effects Supervisor John Richardson.
The Harry Potter Forbidden Forest in 360 Degrees
- Comfortable clothing is important as you need to walk a lot around Harry Potter™ Studios.
- Visit in summer to avoid crowds. Christmas is also a great time with magical decorations.
- Depending on the month you visit, you may find crowds and queues. Ensure you’re prepared for it.
- Avoid touching props and costumes inside Harry Potter™ Studios. If you want a souvenir, you can get one from the official gift shops.
- Harry Potter™ Studio tours are wheelchair-accessible.
Frequently Asked Questions About Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter™ Studios
A. You can see amazing creatures like Aragog, the Acromantula, and Buckbeak, the magnificent Hippogriff, in the Forbidden Forest of Harry Potter™ Studios. You can also see Hagrid’s clothes and giant trees on the Forbidden Forest set.
A. Harry Potter movie crew members, including Oscar® and BAFTA-winning Production Designer Stuart Craig, Construction Manager Paul Hayes, BAFTA-winning Creature and Makeup Effects Designer Nick Dudman and BAFTA-winning Special Effects Supervisor John Richardson, designed the Forbidden Forest in the movies.
A. The Forbidden Forest was filmed in Warner bros. Studios as well as the Swinley Forest in Surrey.
A. The ticket price for Harry Potter™ Studio Tour starts £49.95.