Know Before You Go
Here are a couple of handy tips to make the most out of your visit to the Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour:
- Go on a Weekday: The Harry Potter/Warner Bros. Studio Tour books several months in advance so the best way to maximize your chances of getting tickets is to go on a weekday. Weekdays typically have better availability, so be sure to look at different days of the week to get your slot quick.
- Choose your Boarding Time: If you are taking the bus, make sure you choose your boarding time for when you would like to board the bus from London. The entrance to the studio will be two hours after that.
- Be Prepared to Wait: Unless you purchase the skip-the-line tour tickets, you can expect a waiting line of at least 15-30 minutes before entering the studio. Even waiting can be fun though, as the Cupboard Under the Stairs is right next to the waiting line.
- Take Your Time: The best part of going on the Making of Harry Potter: Studio Tour is that you can stay as long as you like after the tour. Explore the vast expanses at your own pace and walk through the Great Hall or Professor Dumbledore’s Office or any of your favorite attractions. You can expect to finish the entire tour in just under 3 hours. However, if you are a diehard Potterhead, be sure to stick around for 4.5 hours at least to experience all the wonders of the Potterverse.
- Grab a Mug of Butterbeer™: You can buy yourself a mug of Butterbeer™ at the studio Backlot Cafe. Please note that Butterbeer™ may contain nuts and other ingredients that may cause allergies. The tour operator is not responsible for adverse side effects.
- Don’t Hesitate to Dress Up: Many die-hard Potterheads cosplay in full Harry Potter outfits. So go ahead and visit the tour dressed as your favorite character from the series.
- #InstaReady: Uploading pictures from your visit on Instagram and Twitter? Use the hashtag #WBTourLondon and your photos just might be featured on the official studio page!
- Disabled Access: Although the majority of the tour is wheelchair-friendly, certain sections like the cobbled streets of Diagon Alley, the Hogwarts Bridge or the slate floor of the Great Hall are difficult to access in a wheelchair.
- Where to Eat: The Warner Bros. Studio offers several dining options. Choose from the Backlot Cafe, which serves hot and cold western food, including the famed Butterbeer™. You can also head to the Studio Cafe or the Starbucks on the lot.
- Children aged 4 years and under can enter the Harry Potter Studios for free.
- The content of Behind the Seams is not considered suitable for children below the age of 12. The tour is advisable only for children aged 12 years and above.
Q1. How long does it take to complete a tour?
The recommended time to complete the entire tour is 3 hours. However, if you are a hardcore fan, you might want to stick around for at least 4.5 - 6 hours for a more in-depth look at the Harry Potter universe.
Q2. Is the entire tour guided?
Depending on the tickets you purchase and the tour package you choose, you can get access to fully guided tours with a professional studio tour guide or tours where only certain sections are guided.
Q3. Can I purchase tickets at the studio?
No, owing to the limited number of visitors at the studio at any given time, pre-booking your tickets is mandatory.
Q4. Where are the Meeting and Drop-off points?
The pick-up and drop-off points are in the on-site car park area. Please ensure that you arrive at least 20 minutes before your allocated time slot for drop-offs.
Q5. Are there any rides or attractions?
The Making of Harry Potter: Studio Tour is not a theme park. As a result, there are no rides on this tour. However, you will get to experience a behind-the-scenes look at the costumes, props, special effects, sets and much more to make every Potterhead’s dream come true.
Q6. What language is the tour in?
The entire tour is in English.
Q7. What are the currencies accepted on the tour?
The pound sterling is the only currency accepted on the tour. However, Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and American Express credit and debit cards are also accepted.
Q8. Does the studio offer easy disability accessibility?
Although most areas of the studio tour offer easy wheelchair access, certain sections, including the cobbled streets of Diagon Alley, the Hogwarts Bridge and the slate flooring of the Great Hall, are more difficult to navigate.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing, British Sign Language tours are also provided at no extra cost. These tours are available at any time and are subject to availability. They must be booked at least 14 days in advance.
Registered guide dogs, hearing dogs and medical alert dogs are also welcome on the studio tour. Please ensure that you carry formal identification for your pet with you at the entrance.
Q9. What should I wear to the studio tour?
Many fans choose to dress up as their favorite characters from the series. Don’t be afraid to get creative and wear your fandom on your sleeve. However, do keep the weather in mind while choosing what to wear.
Q10. Can I bring food to the tour?
You are welcome to bring your own food and consume it in the Backlot area or the picnic area. You can also choose to eat at the Studio Cafe, Starbucks in the lobby, or the Backlot Cafe located halfway through the studio tour.
Q11. Is there an age restriction?
No, the Warner Bros. Studio Tour is open to all ages. However, all children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Q12. Is smoking allowed on the tour?
Although smoking is strictly prohibited in the indoor areas, there are several designated smoking areas outside the main entrance and the backlot.
Q13. Is Wi-Fi available in the studio?
Yes, free Wi-Fi is available for all persons who purchase a ticket to the Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour.
Q14. Are childcare facilities available on the studio tour?
Yes, baby changing facilities are available in every toilet block. There is also a private nursing area located close to the Backlot Cafe.
Harry Potter Tour Tickets
Discover the secrets of the Harry Potter series on this all-inclusive fully guided 5-hour tour of Warner Bros Studios London
Experience the Warner Bros. Harry Potter Studio Tour on this 6-hour guided tour with premium coach transfers
Walk the streets of London and the most iconic film locations of the Harry Potter Films on this walking tour
This 2.5 hour guided walking tour lets you explore iconic film locations of the 8 Harry Potter films along with a Thames River Cruise