Located about an hour’s drive from the London city center, the Warner Bros. Studio Tour offers easy accessibility no matter which mode of transport you choose.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
Studio Tour Drive
The timings for the Making of Harry Potter: Studio Tour generally vary depending on the season and the day you decide to visit.
- On the shortest days, the tour opens at 8:30 AM, with the first tour at 9:00 AM and the last tour beginning between 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM, closing at 6:00 PM.
- On the longer days, the opening hours vary between 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM, with the last tour beginning between 6:30 PM and 7:00 PM. These are the timings generally followed on the weekends as well.
- The timings during the midweek are typically from 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM, with the first tour at 10:00 AM and the last tour beginning between 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM.
Check the exact opening timings for the day of your choice here.
There are several tours operating that offer hourly return transfers from central London and Birmingham directly to the studio tour. You can opt for the Golden Tours package and can access the bus schedules here.
Shuttle buses operated by Mullany’s Coaches run regularly from Watford Junction to the studio.
- The average journey time is around 15 minutes.
- There should be a bus available every 20 minutes from 9:20 AM onwards.
- The last return bus will be scheduled when the studio tour closes. The last bus is generally scheduled between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM.
- Try and get to the stop at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Please note that you will need to display your booking confirmation to access this service.
The nearest train station to the studio tour is Watford Junction. The studio tour is just a 20-minute train journey from London Euston and a 1-hour long journey from Birmingham New Street. Take the train to Watford Junction (£4.00) and then hop aboard the shuttle service (£3.00 for a return journey) to the studio. Oyster cards are valid between the stations. You can access the train departure times here and here.
The Studio Tour is located 20 miles (32 km) north-west of London and less than 3 miles (4.5 km) from Junction 6 of the M1 and M25 motorways. If you are using a Satnav, the postcode for the studio tour is WD25 7LR. The studio offers free parking outside the studio tour premises. Please make sure you display your ticket confirmation at the parking entrance.
- If you are arriving from London, take the A41 for 3 miles.
- Then take the 4th exit from the Hunton Bridge Roundabout and get back onto the A41.
- Stay in the left lane and take the first exit.
- Keep left at the Y junction and take the exit at the roundabout to reach the studio tour.
Follow the link to plan your journey: https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/
From the Airport
If you choose to head straight to the studio tour from the airport, it is easy to access by either road or train:
- Luton Airport - 17 miles (27 km)
- Heathrow - 23 miles (37 km)
- Stansted - 47 miles (75 km)
- Gatwick - 58 miles (93 km)
Alternately, you can opt for a guided tour package which saves you the hassle of worrying about organizing transportation.
Harry Potter Tour Tickets
Discover the secrets of the Harry Potter series on this all-inclusive fully guided 5-hour tour of Warner Bros Studios London
Experience the Warner Bros. Harry Potter Studio Tour on this 6-hour guided tour with premium coach transfers
Walk the streets of London and the most iconic film locations of the Harry Potter Films on this walking tour
This 2.5 hour guided walking tour lets you explore iconic film locations of the 8 Harry Potter films along with a Thames River Cruise