Plan Your Visit to a Harry Potter™ Studio Tour
Harry Potter™ Studio | Visitor Information At A Glance
- What are the Harry Potter™ Studio opening hours?
The opening hours for 2022 are as follows: November - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
December 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM.
Timings are susceptible to weekly and monthly changes. Check the Studio's calendar while planning your visit.
- Where is Harry Potter™ Studio located?
Harry Potter™ Studio is located at Leavesden, Watford, about 20 miles northwest of central London. Find on map
- How many visitors does Harry Potter™ Studio see every year?
The Warner Bros. Studio Tour in London welcomes approximately 2 million visitors in a year.
- Are parking facilities available in Warner Bros. Studios?
Yes, free parking is available in Warner Bros. Studio Car Park. There are parking bays reserved for disabled visitors as well as priority parking available on booking in advance.
Harry Potter™ Studio Opening Times
For opening times in 2023, please refer to the Harry Potter™ Studio Tours calendar.
- Monday to Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
November 7 to 11 - Closed
- Monday: 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday and Thursday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM
December 25 and 26 - Closed
Best Time To Visit Harry Potter™ Studio Tours
November to May: This is the off-season during which there will be comparatively lesser crowds.
Another highly recommended experience is visiting during Christmas, owing to the magical decoration and atmosphere.
Due to its popularity, the Harry Potter™ Studio Tour is always bustling with fans. However, since their intake capacity is limited, you would be able to comfortably explore.
What is the Harry Potter™ Studio Tour Duration?
Typically, a Harry Potter™ Studio tour takes about 3 to 7 hours, depending on the kind of experience you have purchased your tickets for. If you choose to attend an experience, shop or dine, your time at the studios would increase accordingly.
Where is Harry Potter™ Studios Located?
Address: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden, WD25 7LR.
Harry Potter™ Studio is a walk-through exhibition located at Leavesden Studios in Watford. It is just about 20 miles northwest of central London. Find on map
Closest landmark: Watford JunctionGetting to Harry Potter™ Studios
Getting to Harry Potter™ Studios in London
The nearest train station to the studio tour is Watford Junction. It is just a 20-minute train journey to the studio tour from London Euston and a 1-hour long journey from Birmingham New Street. Take the train to Watford Junction (£4.00) and then hop aboard the shuttle service (£3.00 for a return journey) to the studio. Oyster cards are valid between the stations.
Shuttle buses operated by Mullany’s Coaches run regularly from Watford Junction to the studio. An average journey should take about 15 minutes; a bus is available every 20 minutes from 09:20 AM every day. The last bus is generally scheduled between 06:00 PM and 08:00 PM. Please note that you would need to display your booking confirmation to access the shuttle transfers.
Transfer options from central London with Golden Tours (preferred partners of Warner Bros. Studios) are also available.
The Studio Tour is located 20 miles (32 km) north-west of London and less than 3 miles (4.5 km) from Junction 6 of the M1 and M25 motorways.
- If you are arriving from London, take the A41 for 3 miles.
- Then take the 4th exit from the Hunton Bridge Roundabout and get back onto the A41.
- Stay in the left lane and take the first exit.
- Keep left at the Y junction and take the exit at the roundabout to reach the studio tour.
Skipping Lines At Harry Potter™ Studios
- Opt for guided tours - It typically takes 3 to 7 hours to explore Harry Potter™ Studios. It also depends on the kind of experiences you choose to go for. Hence, guided tours can help you have well-organised tours without wasting time.
- Opt for priority parking - During peak hours, waiting for sparking spaces might take up a lot of your time. To avoid that, you can book priority parking spaces in advance and avail parking bays closer to the studios at your scheduled time of visit.
- Visit during weekdays or in the early hours - Weekdays are ideal to avoid heavy crowds in the weekend. You can also enjoy exploring the Studios better in the early hours of the day.
Know Before You Go to Harry Potter™ Studios
The following facilities are available at Harry Potter™ Studios:
- Cash Machine
- Parent and Baby Rooms
- Food and Drinks
Harry Potter™ Studio Shops has a wide range of merchandise from house robes to character collectables and souvenirs. Here are a list of things you can find:
- Clothing collection
- Wand shop
- Trunk Station
- Character collection
- Hogwarts Houses Collection
- Sweet Trolley
- Toys and Stationery
- Bags and Books
Harry Potter™ Studio has many themed restaurants and cafés serving iconic Harry Potter delicacies.
- The Chocolate Frog Café - iconic wizarding confectionery serving treats, sweets, ice creams and cakes.
- The Hub Café - Serves sandwiches to grab-and-go, bakery items, and hot and cold Starbucks beverages.
- The Food Hall - Serves sandwiches, baked goodies and beverages in a refectory-style setting
- The Backlot Café - offers indoor and outdoor seating with views of popular sets. You can also enjoy the famous Butterbeer here.
- Budget stays - The King's Lodge Hotel (2 km), Premium Inn Watford North Hotel (3 km), Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct. 8, an IHG Hotel (8km)
- Comfort stays - Hilton London Watford (5 km), The Film Studio Appartement (2 km), Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction, an IHG Hotel (4 km)
- Luxury stays - The Grove (3 km), Red Cherry House (3 km)
Accessibility Measures at Harry Potter™ Studios
- All paying disabled visitors can avail one free carer ticket. The carer must provide assistance to the visitor as well as present the proof of entitlement at the ticket window.
- Fully trained assistance dogs are welcome to the studio tour and water bowls are also available upon request.
- Most of the Studio area is wheelchair accessible. Both electric, as well as manual wheelchairs, are allowed in the studio but prior notice needs to be given.
- Handheld digital guides and audio-visual guides are also available for visually impaired or blind visitors.
- For visitors who are hard of hearing, iPads are available to view media with subtitles throughout the attractions.
- A sensory room can be used by visitors with autism and other needs who require a calming environment during their visit.
- Hidden Disability Sunflower Lanyards are also provided to visitors with hidden disabilities so that the studio staff are discreetly alerted to provide support and assistance.
Book Your Harry Potter™ Studio Tickets & Tours
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Harry Potter™ Studio
A. The Harry Potter™ Studios are located about 20 miles (32 km) from London at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden, WD25 7LR.
A. Yes. You can avail free parking services outside the Harry Potter™ Studios by simply displaying your ticket. Priority parking is also available for visitors next to the studio entrance; however, you would have to book and pay for your spot in advance.
A. The Harry Potter™ Studio opening times are as follows: November: Monday to Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM; Thursday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Friday: 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM. December: Monday: 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM; Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM; Wednesday and Thursday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Friday: 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM. For opening hours in 2023, please refer to the Harry Potter™ Studio Tours calendar.
A. The Harry Potter™ Studio is closed on March 30, November 7 to 11, and December 25 and 26.
A. If you're looking for lesser crowds, November to March is the best time to go for a Harry Potter™ Studio tour. However, if you're looking for a magical experience, you can go for a tour during the Christmas season and witness the magical festivities first-hand.
A. While you can take a bus and/or train to reach the Harry Potter™ Studios in London, the best commute option is to opt for a return transfer as part of your tour. This way you don't have to plan to commute back and forth to London.
A. Yes, most of the Harry Potter™ Studios are wheelchair-accessible. Although, some locations might be difficult to navigate like Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Bridge. Electric and manual wheelchairs are allowed in the studio, but prior notice needs to be given.
A. You can skip long waiting lines at Harry Potter™ Studio Tours by choosing guided tours, arriving early during visiting hours, scheduling your tours on weekdays when the crowds are lesser and booking a priority parking bay in advance.
A. Yes, Harry Potter™ Studio has 4 wonderful Harry Potter-themed cafés where you can enjoy bakery goods, sandwiches, sweets and desserts as well as the famous Butterbeer.
A. It typically takes 3 to 7 hours to completely tour Harry Potter™ Studios. The duration also depends on the experiences you choose to do. Visiting studio shops, cafés and events might increase the length of your tour.
A. Absolutely. Harry Potter™ Studio Tours are a dream come true for any Harry Potter fan. You get to experience the magic of the wizarding world firsthand and make memories for a lifetime.