Explore The Stunning Works of The Arts Department At Harry Potter™ Studios, London
Harry Potter movies are no doubt a sensation for generations of viewers and huge kudos should definitely go to the Arts Department who made every set, prop, costume and character come to life in the most brilliant and realistic way. They made us all believe that Hogwarts, wizards and magic were indeed very real just because they looked so real and seamless. Harry Potter™ Studio now gives fans all around the world an opportunity to have a look at the amazing models and drawing of the Arts Departments. Read ahead to find out what you can expect to see on your studio tour.
Why Should You Visit The Arts Deprtment In Your Harry Potter™ Studio Tours?
- Explore a miniature version of the wizarding world - Don't be fooled by the size of the models because if you look closer you will notice every tiny detail worked upon brilliantly by the Arts Department.
- Find out what goes behind the stunning sets and their building process - Harry Potter™ Studio now gives the chance to take a sneak peek at the drawings and drafts that were made by the Arts Department.
- Know about the intricate planning behind every Harry Potter prop - The Arts Department has put in immense effort in making and placing each and every prop in the Harry Potter movies. On your studio tour, you can see the technical drawing and ways in which graphic design was used to create a world of magic.
Arts Department Highlights in Harry Potter™ Studio Tours
White Card Models
Every Harry Potter set blended perfectly with the storyline. Credit goes to the Art Department as they found the right architecture and design, making the sets come alive. They did this by building white card models of the sets. The models helped the production team know where to place the cameras and determine the angles. Harry Potter™ Studio London has these white card models to give fans insight into the creative process.
Hogwarts Castle Model
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was no normal place, and the Art Department ensured that it didn't look like one. The stunning model of Hogwarts castle is on display at the Harry Potter™ Studio London. It was built by a team of 86 artists and crewmembers and formed the basis for the Hogwarts school displayed throughout the Harry Potter movies. The craziest part? On adding the total man-hours put into building and reworking the Hogwarts Castle model, it will come up to 74 years!
Graphic Design duo MinaLima played a massive role in making Harry Potter a world phenomenon. Small props designed by them gave meaning to everyday objects in the movies, such as potions textbooks, sweet packaging, and The Daily Prophet. They had 40 editions of The Daily Prophet, demonstrating their work's scale. Harry Potter™ Studio London brings you closer to such props.
Expectations rose as Harry Potter became bigger. The pressure grew on the Art and Creative Department to enhance their previous work and improve the sets and props. They kept iterating with drawings and illustrations; you can see their rough work at the Harry Potter™ Studio London. The Art Department, led by Production Designer Stuart Craig, designed 588 sets throughout the Harry Potter movies.
- Exploring the works of the Arts Department gives you a lot of insight into the effort behind every scene and setting. So make sure you don't miss this attraction on your Harry Potter™ Studio tour.
- It is recommended that you opt for a Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tour. You will have an expert guide with you telling all the interesting facts and secrets about the works of the Arts Department.
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear as exploring Harry Potter™ Studio will take anywhere between 3 to 7 hours.
- Harry Potter™ Studio is very famous in London and is mostly crowded throughout the year. You can book your Harry Potter™ Studio Tour in advance to avoid the hassle at the ticket counter. Booking a priority parking space and choosing a guided tour will also help in skipping lines and having a more pleasant experience.
Book Your Harry Potter™ Studio Tickets and Tours
Frequntly Asked Questions About Arts Department In Harry Potter™ Studio Tours
A. In the Arts Department of Harry Potter™ Studio, you can see an astounding model of Hogwarts Castle, have a peek at the technical drawings, white card models and graphic designs.
A. Absolutely! You get to see an intricate and mind-blowing model of Hogwarts Castle model, have a peek at the technical drawings of the Arts Department and more.
A. The Hogwarts Castle model is the most notable and popular work of the Harry Potter™ Studio Arts Department. If you add all the man-hours put into building and reworking this model, it comes up to about 74 years.
A. Yes, the Arts Department is an attraction that is included in the general Harry Potter™ Studio Tour tickets.
A. The timings to explore the Arts Department at Harry Potter™ Studio are the same as the opening hours of the studios. You can find the precise timings for each day on the studio calendar.