Learn All The Secrets Of The Wizarding World On A Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tour
The Harry Potter films brought the words of JK Rowling to life on the silver screen. A treasure trove of iconic sets, costumes, props, animatronic creatures, special effects, and intricate artefacts left after filming have been preserved for the fans and turned into a walk-in experience of what the eight movies were like.
The Harry Potter™ Studio allows you to take the footsteps of your favourite characters and re-live their experiences on the original sets of Platform 9 ¾, Hogwarts Express, Gringotts Wizarding Bank, The Forbidden Forest, The Great Hall, Diagon Alley and Dumbledore’s Office, among others. Read on to know what a Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tour has in store for you!
Why Take A Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tour?
- Have an expert guide on your tour - A guided tour is the best way to navigate the Harry Potter™ Studio because it includes an expert guide who knows everything that there is to know about the attraction.
- Skip long waiting lines - A Harry Potter™ Studio guided tour allows you to skim past long queues to enter the studio and explore different sets and elements without having to wait in lines.
- The Harry Potter™ Studio is huge - Booking a guided tour gives you the chance to explore the place more efficiently and cover all attractions without missing the best parts.
- Listen to interesting stories on your tour - The tour guide knows the attraction like the back of their hand. This makes it convenient for you to gain insights into the secrets of the studio and the movies.
- One of the most popular tourist attractions in London - Harry Potter™ Studio Tours is huge, popular and sees huge crowds of tourists every day. Booking a guided tour will make access to the attraction easier and quicker.
Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tour Options
Highlights Covered on Your Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tour
Catch A Sight Of The Authentic Props And Original Costumes
The magical brooms, potions, house common rooms, Umbridge's office and Dumbledore's study were as much part of the Harry Potter world as the characters. You not only get to see the props used in the movies but experience it as though you are standing in the potions class or Dumbledore's study yourself. This is a chance to relive the dream of being a wizard or a witch. Adding to that, you can also find the Weasley's storefront with Extendable Ears, fireworks, Wizard Wheezes and more that you take home with you as memorabilia.
Meet The Magical Creatures and Monsters
The Forbidden Forest is said to be home to unicorns, centaurs, and dark monsters, among other creatures. Among the tall and dark trees, you might also find the creatures of the dark. Brace yourself to come face to face with the handsome Buckbeak. That's not all. Beware for you might be lured into the lair of Aragog the Acramantula - the place from where Harry and Ron barely made it out alive! The tour does not end without a rendevous with the mighty basilisk. Are you ready for these adventurous encounters?
Discover The Magic In Special Effects and Art Models
Ever wondered how the Invisibility Cloak was made during filming? or how the crew were able to control the Whomping Willow and create such a creative door to the Chamber of Secrets? Well, you can uncover the mystery behind these special effects and take a look at how the filmmakers brought the world of Harry Potter to life. Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tours gives you an insightful and informative experience of the SFX and VFX used in the Harry Potter films. You can also see the Hogwarts model in the studio tour and its intricate details will leave you awestruck.
Guided Tours vs Non-Guided Tours Of Harry Potter™ Studios
- A Harry Potter™ Studio guided tour includes a tour guide, who has in-depth knowledge of the studio and the attractions. The guide will accompany you throughout the tour and give all the interesting stories and fun facts you'll want to know about the attractions.
- Booking a Harry Potter™ Studio Guided tour ticket also means not having to wait in long lines to see your favourite attractions. You will be able to walk past long queues and access the studio on priority.
- Harry Potter™ Studio is a vast site with many thrilling experiences and attractions. It typically takes 3 to 7 hours to have a complete tour of the studio. Hence, Guided tours are highly recommended as they have a fixed itinerary that includes all the major points of interest making it easier to navigate and have a complete experience of everything the studio offers.
- In a guided tour, you can explore the studio with a small group of people and an expert to inform you of all the secrets and facts about the making of the eight Harry Potter films. This gives you a more immersive and interactive experience without having to deal with large crowds.
- With a general admission ticket, you will be able to explore the Hary Potter™ Studio at your own pace and spend as much time as you wish at any of your favourite attractions or experiences.
- You can also get yourself an audio guide that will provide you with interesting information about the studios as well as the attraction you are exploring.
- With a general admission ticket, you will not be able to skip waiting lines or enjoy priority access in the studio. You will have to wait for about 30 minutes to a couple of hours to enter the studio.
- Harry Potter™ Studio is a highly popular attraction in London and is flocked by tourists every day. With a general admission ticket, you might have to navigate yourself through the studio among large crowds and wait for your turn to see and explore attractions. This way, the tour duration can stretch anywhere between 3 to 7 hours.
What to Expect on a Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tour?
The Harry Potter™ Studio is massive! It’s possible that you feel a little overwhelmed or find it difficult to navigate the attraction all by yourself, which is why we recommend booking a guided tour. Such tours include an expert guide who knows the attraction inside out and is the best person to tap into for interesting stories and anecdotes about the studio as well as the making of the Harry Potter films. They will be able to enhance your experience of the visit by telling you all that there is to know about the studio.
Once you meet your group at the designated point, you will be taken inside the Warner Bros. Studios and onto the sets of Harry Potter. Your guided tour will start from where it all began for Harry – the cupboard under which he slept on the night of his 11th birthday. Explore the original sets of the films – all of them from Platform 9 ¾, Hogwarts Express, Gryffindor Common Room, and Diagon Alley to The Forbidden Forest, Dumbledore’s Office, Hagrid’s Hut, and Gringotts Wizarding Bank. Walk in the footsteps of the students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and get to know about the technologies, animatronics, and prosthetics that were used to breathe life into the books. You will also get to see the interesting props and costumes that were used in the films. Your guided tour also includes a visit to the studio shops where you can buy exclusive Harry Potter merchandise, souvenirs, character clothing, house cloaks, wands and many more exciting things.
- Book your Harry Potter™ Studio guided tour tickets online and in advance given that it’s a very popular attraction.
- Wear comfortable footwear because you will have to do a lot of walking.
- Grab a mug of Butterbeer from Backlot Café inside the studio. But be mindful because it contains nuts and other ingredients that could cause allergies.
- You can visit the studio dressed up as your favourite character from the series.
- Most of the studio is wheelchair friendly and accessible to those with reduced mobility, but certain sections like the Hogwarts Bridge, the cobbled streets of Diagon Alley, and the Great Hall’s slate floor are not recommended for disabled visitors.
- Baby changing facilities are available. There’s also a private nursing area close to the Backlot Café.
Frequently Asked Questions About Harry Potter™ Studio Guided Tours
A. Yes. Harry Potter™ Studio guided tours are available for booking.
A. You can book a Harry Potter™ Studio guided tour online.
A. The Harry Potter™ Studio guided tours start from £94.
A. There are two types of Harry Potter™ Studio guided tours available: the Warner Bros. Studio – London Tour with Premium Bus Transfers guided tour and the Unique Fully Guided Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter guided tour.
A. The Harry Potter™ Studio guided tour includes all the major points of interest inside the attraction like The Forbidden Forest, Platform 9 ¾, Gringotts Wizarding Bank, Diagon Alley, The Great Hall, and Dumbledore’s Office, among others. You can also see the original character costumes, and models of magical creatures as well as Hogwarts, experience special effects and shop for Harry Potter merchandise.
A. The Harry Potter™ Studio guided tours are available in English.
A. It depends on the type of guided tour you book. The Warner Bros. Studio – London Tour with Premium Bus Transfers guided tour will have no more than six people while the Fully Guided Warner Bros. Studio Tour has a maximum capacity of eight guests.
A. Yes. The Harry Potter™ Studio guided tour is worth it because you get a glimpse into how the magical world of Harry Potter was created and how the books became such a huge hit on the silver screen – the sets, iconic props, and costumes. You get to walk in the footsteps of the characters and explore the wizarding world that has been everyone’s favourite and kept them hooked for over a decade.
A. The Harry Potter™ Studio guided tours will allow you priority access to the attraction.
A. Yes. You can cancel your Harry Potter™ Studio guided tour tickets up to 48 hours before the scheduled date and get a full refund.
A. The Harry Potter™ Studio guided tour is between 5 to 7 hours long, depending on the tour you book.
A. With the Unique Fully Guided Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, children under 4 years can enter the attraction at an extremely low price of about £10, while children under 15 years can avail of discounted tickets for the Harry Potter™ Studio guided tours. Other guests can get up to 5% off on their tickets.